Sunday 27 September 2015

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY... Make this gift...

Christmas is coming, and that can only mean one thing! Time to start preparing, the first thing I aways begin with are the presents. I'm one of those people who loves spending time making or searching for the perfect gift, yet occasionally theres always that one that catches you out, usually the Secret Santa at school or the kids teachers. 


Well this year, I've a solution with this super easy DIY gift, a fire alarm inspired treat frame...


The supplies you will need...



The small box frame was purchased from The Range, but I have seen them in other craft stores like Hobbycraft for example. 


I'm a stickler for spray paint as I finds it gives the best finish but really you could use any type of red paint. Unfortunately the glass doesn't come out of these frames, so some masking tape was needed to protect the surface. 

Once the paint is dry, then comes the super easy part...



 Use a DYMO label maker, or similar, to stamp out your message...
'IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS'. 


Trim down some pretty craft paper, I used some from a Belle and Boo packet, also 
purchased from The Range. 


then assemble... 



Treats inside, so I chose a tea bag and coffee sachet, my own personal weakness, but you could use anything you know is a weakness! I guess that depends on how well you know your recipient! 


Stick your labels onto the glass and you are done! 


 As always, I'd love to see what you put in your 'emergency boxes' if you have a go! 

Have fun, and if you are a fellow Instagrammer, use the hashtag #windupemergency. 

Thanks for stopping by, 

Charlotte

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment